Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Collections Administration

As a server administrator, I would like to have more control over collections.  I have a user who is in charge of a collection out of office, and we have some users who need to get to be added to the collection to run workflows.  As admin of the server, I would like to be able to add users to this collection, modify permissions, modify workflows, etc.  This would be necessary both for when users are temporarily out of the office as well as if someone were to leave the company.

51 Comments
No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

+4

RichV
5 - Atom

+1

Tomasz
6 - Meteoroid

I support this!

This is very much needed in large orgs with multiple designers across countries, working together.

It's 3 years old - it should be already implemented.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

This idea is still in our wheelhouse and is something we hope to have a feature or similar feature in the near future. Stay tuned and we will update the status to "coming soon" as soon as we can.

clayconnell
5 - Atom

+1

Our team is going through growing pains migrating to the Gallery, currently. We're learning that careful planning is necessary prior to implementing Gallery. Plenty of helpful feedback and ideas above. Thanks, Community!

And thanks in advance, DanM, for keeping the Community posted with any developments.

VP_
6 - Meteoroid

+1

W_Geller
5 - Atom
+1
Sue
7 - Meteor

+1

My company has 3 Alteryx Artisans, and we were all set up (by an external contractor) with our own private studios. We are now stuck in an extremely inefficient and inadequate way of working. Our collections are based on the team who needs them, so if I want to publish something to the "sales" team, and my colleague already has a "sales" collection: I have to create a second sales collection to publish my workflow. We now have up to three collections for each team, as we have three Alteryx artisans. We can't delete or edit each other's workflows or collections. I would like to have some way to give named users read/write access to both my private studio and collections.

I look forward to hearing about the planned changes.

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Sue What version of Server are you running on? As of version 19.2, Collections have been extended to allow custom permissions for user and asset management. A collection owner or admin can allow a user to add, update, or remove an asset within the collection, which sounds like it would address your issues.

Tanya

IJReed
8 - Asteroid

+1