Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Cached file via File Browse tool in Alteryx Gallery

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have an application in Alteryx gallery, which process a file (the file is chosen via  File Browse tool) and if the file has mistakes I need to rerun manually corrected file not changing the name of the file. Alteryx cashes the file and when I try to rerun the modified file,  it takes the cached file ( which is not corrected  after the first run). Is there any solution to that? 

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @OksanaBezpyata,

did you really reupload the file or did you use the option from the recently used files?

Best

Alex

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grossal 

Thank you for a prompt response. Yes, I have reuploaded the file, but the application showed the errors from the first not edited file. If I change the name of the file after manually editing it, then I will see the needed result after processing manually edited file.

Best regards,

Oksana

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I think I know why this appears. I have just tested it with a very minimal workflow.

If the filesize is basically (or exactly) the same and the filename also agrees, Alteryx chooses the cached file.

Could you report this to support@alteryx.com or do you want me to do it?

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

I will report to support and will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Oksana