Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bundling Server with the Designer, Virtual desktops in Alteryx server out-of the-box

One needs to obtain a designer license in order to have a server license.

It may be a good idea to package those two don't you think, and now it's ok to install designer on a Server OS.

It would be awesome if you automatically have a virtual desktop environment to connect to...when you get a server license,

The following is a slide from Inspire 2016 and the client's are already doing this

1. For keeping the running workflows unaffected by docking undocking workstations

2. It also increases the performance by getting the designer closer to the data

3. It would also be safe to share company analytics capabilities with outsider without giving them direct access to downloadable data etc.

Picture1.png

5 Comments
MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

Oh? It is not in the bundle?

I tried Alteryx server once and the installation steps asked me to choose installation package, and the designer was included in within the installation package.

I dont know is it because I am a partner? :D
Tried that a week ago.

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Oh I see Mizunashi,

If you are a partner, then I recommend you to make sure when you are offering/pricing a server license, one needs to have a designer license already. You can't start with single server license, but you can start with designer + server...

Here is an excerpt from the Alteryx Pricing FAQ document dated August 2016;

Picture1.png

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just to clarify on that, you don't need to buy a designer licence for the server, you just need to have a designer licence for an analyst to create workflows (otherwise you would have a server with no workflows...). So, for instance if your organisation has 4 designer licences already, then you can purchase the server by itself, as you already have 4 designers that can publish to it. However if your organisation does not currently have any Alteryx, then when purchasing server, you would also need to purchase at least one designer licence so that someone can publish to it. This installation on the Server box is meant for troubleshooting etc not for designing and publishing, the GUI could be locked down but is not for convenience.

Kane

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!