The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

As an admin, I would like to be able to specify the ID of a gallery data connection

We are constantly moving workflows from our Dev environment up to Prod and then back down again to improve them.  Even though we only used Gallery shared data connections, and both environments have the same name for each connection; the connections still break when opening the workflow in the other environment.  This is because designer actually uses an ID code behind the string name instead of the name.  And, even though connections exist by the same name in each environment, the code behind them is different.

I would like a way to be able to specify the data connection code so that I can make the code the same in both environments.

1 Comment
yuriy
8 - Asteroid

This is something that would help us as well. Please convert gallery connection IDs to be aliases instead of system id with random characters so that we can use workflow migration between the environments.

thank you