Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx workflow historical output files

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you for help with the following solution. I uploaded a workflow on the alteryx server and I would like to have access to ALL excel outputs from my workflow. There is a limit on the alteryx server as this is not the storage so please let me know what tool/solution I should I add to my workflow so I can:

- store the workflow on the alteryx server (I have scheduled refresh)

and

- have access to ALL versions (excel outputs) from this workflow (I run it everyday) 

The output (excel) from the workflow is saved on the network drive and the connection/port is open between drive and the alteryx server. 

Thanks,

Asia

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @joannasokolowska 

Looks like you are nearly there! First step is to output the excel files to a shared/network drive. Then I would recommend dynamically create that days date and add it to the output file name so that the files don't get overwritten. 

I would recommend reading through my friend @MarqueeCrew 's response to this topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Datestamp-to-Ouput-File-name/m-p/25993... 

I think that should help you, let us know if you get stuck,

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much! It works 🙂