Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx usage dahsboard - Tableau

SudhBI
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Can anyone please share Alteryx server usage dahsboard in Tableau. My management wanna see the data like total number of user for last one month, total number of subscriptions etc.. I have tried downloading the Alterys server usage report from downloads, but it's not working properly. I have created a sample Tableau dahboard with .tde file which is downloaded from Alteryx downloads, but users are showing zero if i select any date from date filter. There nay be a data issue in .tde file. Please see the attached dahsboard and assist me on this. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SudhBI --

Make sure you're downloading the correct version for your Alteryx Server. The newest version of the Usage Report will only work for 2020.1 but there are other versions for 2019.3+ and other previous versions.

When you have the right version, make sure you're using the correct Database Host and Username and password in the configuration window for the Alteryx Server Usage Report Macro:

AshleyL_0-1587571010951.png

Save the Tableau Workbook in the desired location: 

AshleyL_1-1587571174102.png

I like using the pre-built workbook and building off of that if you want specific KPIs like total number of users and total number of subscriptions.

If you're still having issues with downloading, I would contact support@alteryx.com

SudhBI
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your information Ashley!! It helps to resolve the issue. Thanks

moperry
7 - Meteor

@AshleyL - where can i find the most recent version of the Usage Report workflow? When I go to the Analytics Gallery, i see one that was published in 2016. 

Is that the latest and greatest?

If not - where can I find?

Thanks.

Moses Perry

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @moperry --

The most recent version is from 2020! You can find the most recent version of the Usage Report on the http://licenses.alteryx.com/ page. Select 'Alteryx Server' & find the version of Server that you have. You'll see the Alteryx Server Usage Report in that folder. The Usage Report isn't updated every single release so make sure you navigate to the correct Server version folder to download the report that will work with your version.

Hope this helps!

Ashley

moperry
7 - Meteor

Perfect! Found them.

Thanks much.

AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@moperry & @SudhBI -- make sure you 'Like' and 'Mark as Solution' if responses help you with what you're looking for. It allows Alteryx & the community to know that the community response is correct!

Thanks!

Ashley