Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx server on a VM - workflows location

Mythili
7 - Meteor

Hi -

I' m new admin on the alteryx. my server is setup on the vm. There is a mongo db back up that runs twice a week. I would like to help our users by making a more frequent backups of just the workflows and not the entire server. I would like to know the location for all the studio workflows. Can you please advise?

Thanks

Mythili

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

When you are starting out the size of the mongoDB is so small it's going to be better just to run the back up that Alteryx provides. You'll be safest this way. You can automate this process to run nightly if you like. You can read about it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Server-Backup-amp-Recovery-Pa...

If this solves your issue please mark as solved so that others can find it 🙂

Thanks

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Mythili
7 - Meteor

We do have the standard procedure stup  already. But I would like to be able to get to just particular workflows instead of resetting the server status.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You could do this by building a workflow that uses the MongoDB connector to pull this data from your instance. Understand that though this information is stored in binary format. I might be wrong (can't remember 100%) but I don't believe the entire workflow is in just one document, ie any input files are in one document, output in another, etc....

A great way to see what is available is to get ahold of the Server Usage Report Workflow (downloaded from the same spot you get the exe's) and dive into the macro that drives that, that has everything you'll need. 

Make sense? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks