Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server rerun workflow when it failed

ADriver
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I was wondering on Alteryx Server, how can we automatically rerun a workflow if it failed. I have a scheduled workflow run every morning. When there is something wrong, I do not want to manually rerun it when I get to the office. How can I make it rerun? Please advise. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ADriver 

If the job is failing then will re-running it resolve the underlying issue?

If possible I'd recommend you focus on resolving whatever is causing the workflow to fail rather than re-running until it works. I'm assuming the failure point is outside of the workflow itself, i.e. in the data source it is pulling from, but even so running a workflow multiple times until it works isn't best practice.

If you do want to automate a re-run then you could potentially do this by querying the Gallery API to see the last run job and state for the relevant workflows (https://gallery.alteryx.com/api-docs/#!/admin-workflows.json/GetAppOutputInfoGET) and then use a Conditional Runner macro (in the CReW macro pack) to run the workflow a second time.