The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Server Audit Logging

Suggested information to be included in audit logs.

A secure audit record of all activities on the system:

1. General user access
  2. User creates / modifies / archives / deletes data (ie: history on what the user did)
  3. Administrator actions

At minimum the logs should include the following:

1. Unique user identifier
  2. Unique data subject identifier
  3. Function performed by the users
  4. Date/time stamp of what was performed by user

I believe many customers could benefit from this type of audit logging, especially those who are required to obtain specific security certifications for their alteryx deployments.  From what I can see online there does not seem to be out of the box functionality for this. If anyone has implemented any type of audit logging like this please feel free to comment.

Thanks

-Vincent

7 Comments
rpalumbo
5 - Atom

I'm also very interested in this for reporting requirements.

Any suggestions?

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks @VincentG for sharing the idea. As part of delivering our Next Gen platform, we will be revisiting what we log and how we log. We have several ideas and request from customers in this space that we will try to account for. Please keep the ideas coming as these help us refine and validate our roadmap.

chandramouli1
7 - Meteor

Hi Matt,

Would you be able to share some workflows on audit and error handling...

Thanks,

Arun

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@MattB I'm very interested in this feature and would like to know if there are any updates on when it'll be implemented?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your feedback! I'm updating this idea to Implemented as our Alteryx Server audit logs were largely improved during the 2019.2 and 2019.3 releases, and covers the asks in this idea.

stella_chng
5 - Atom

Hi Kylie,

I am new to the server, may I know where can I retrieve the audit logs as mentioned above please? Thanks!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @stella_chng,

The audit logs are easily accessed via the Server APIs, which you can check out the documentation for here, and also in the Service folder on the Alteryx Server machine, found here ProgramData\Alteryx\Service.