Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Render on Gallery | Excel Output not shown

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have created a workflow that other colleagues should use on Alteryx Server. However if executed successfully, the rendered excel file that is saved on a network drive is not opened or shown as output.

I have read that this issue is well known for the render tool, but wanted to ask if there is an easy workaround for this? I thought about maybe usint a second workflow that opens the file on the network drive and will only be executed after the first workflow was successful..?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

1 REPLY 1
maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

maier_alexander_MO_1-1582291667743.png

Hi all,

i now used the following solution to open the Excel file after it is Rendered and output to the network drive. For this I used the 'Block Until Done' feature and then open the Excel file via the 'Run Command'. 

Even though everything works perfectly fine on the desktop version, when uploading the workflow to the server, the workflow keeps stuck on JobStatus 'Running'. Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this? 

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Kind regards,

Alex