Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery - Export list of workflows

AJKENDALL95
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I'm a gallery admin and I want to export a list of workflows that are saved within the gallery, is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

you can use the AlteryxServer Usage Report Macro to get the list (the standard output is .pdf but you can change it if you want).

Download it in the download area, if you want a link, please give us the version.

https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/ServerUsageReport.htm

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

hi @AJKENDALL95 

You can query the MongoDB to get the result.

Develop a workflow and hit the app infos collection in the MongoDB and you will get the list of workflows on the gallery.

Thanks

Tyrion_Lannister_0-1576164322948.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've done this two ways the first was logging onto the server where the private gallery is hosted and customizing the Alteryx server usage report and using the Mongo Input tool. The other way I've done it using the gallery admin API to get that data. 

The following link written by @patrick_digan is very helpful if you are not familiar with the gallery API.  

Link86
8 - Asteroid

When using the build workflow method, I am getting a list that has double the workflows (filtered with endswith ".yxmd") than what is actually appearing in Gallery. Is there another field I should be filtering on? I have tried the Is Deleted field. However, that was not helpful as there were items listed as deleted = true but still appeared in my gallery. I am unable to use the other method in this thread.

esoden
8 - Asteroid

We developed a tool to augment Alteryx called Workflow Admin Manager. It allows you to do tons of reporting, analysis, searching, and updating of workflows. You can find all workflows hitting a certain database, drop a report of all workflows by database, search and export all workflows with a mileage calculation, etc.

You can even mass update your workflows. For example: Change all hardcoded 2020 filters to 2021. Or all mileage calculation to the new mileage expense amount. (Better yet...find them and show your users how to make them dynamic... 🙂

Tons of information, videos, etc. here: https://capitalizeconsulting.com/workflow-admin-manager/