Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Connect - SMTP issue

RhysPickett
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Receiving the below error when attempting to reset passwords, this works for our Alteryx Gallery though. I've had a look in connect and on our connect server and I'm not sure where to configure the SMTP settings for this. I can't see a config app similar to the one for Gallery where settings can be changed and if I select 'change' in apps/programs it mentions an uninstall module which I'm not confident to proceed with pressing next. 

is there a config in program files somewhere I can amend this?

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [xf3-standalone] in context with path [] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is cz.semanta.xf3.XformsException: Could not send e-mail to UserEmailladress] with root cause

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful

thanks

12 REPLIES 12
blyons
11 - Bolide

I thought of one other thing to add. In troubleshooting my issues, on the same machine Connect is installed, I ran PowerShell to connect to the SMTP server and send an email. Knowing that worked assured me that the problem was not in connectivity to the server.

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Dear RhysPickett,

My name is Petr and I am from Alteryx Connect team. I will try to help you with mail server settings.

According to error message it looks like that your mail server is configured the way, that allows you to send message without authentication.

(There can be some list of trusted hosts where he just takes message and send it.)

Please could you confirm that?

Unfortunately in curent version of installer there is no checkbox for that setting. 

However we still are able to manage this setting in configuration.

If this is the case, I suggest that we schedule quick debug session I will try to guide you throw the process.

If not lets plan session too and I will have a look for settings and values throw installation.

I can promise that new installer, who will be released very soon will have this part completely changed and new interface will allow you to setup and TEST your mailserver without leaving the installer. Also the mail server settings can be modified without need of deinstalling.  

RhysPickett
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I will mark this as resolved. I managed to correct the issue in Connect version 2.0, now when logging into connect I get the options to configure SMTP settings in 'Administration' as opposed to the ac_config file in the connect directory (which doesn't exist in v 2.0).

What corrected the issue was that I was passing domain\username and password fields, when I left these blank, the e-mails started working. I believe because I was passing credentials the request was attempting to authenticate and hence 'no authentication mechanisms supported on both the client and server'.

Hope this helps any other users experiencing the same issues,

thanks.