Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx 2019.1: Gallery Download Results PDF issue

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello, my company is currently in the process of upgrading from server version 10.6 to 2019.1 (yay!) During our initial testing of applications we have noted unexpected behavior when downloading results. 

When the application is finished, it displays the output report in PCXML. The end-user can either leave the information in the gallery or use one of the download options (PDF, Excel, Etc) to save the results to their local storage. Typically, we design reports to look the best as a PDF. 

When we choose the PDF download option, the file opens in the browser as expected.  However, there are leading and trailing blank pages in every report we have attempted. If there are headers/footers involved, they appear on these extra pages. 

When we test side-by-side (same browser) with our 10.6 gallery, the extra pages do not appear.

I downloaded the application and changed the output to PDF from PXCML in debug mode, and the output did not have extra pages.

My suspicion is that there has been a change to PDF driver used to render the PCXML to PDF that is causing this to happen. 

I would like to resolve the issue without adding a render to PDF to each of our applications. 

Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions? 

Justin Babbitt
3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@JustinBabbitt

Have you attempted to pull the workflow down into Designer and see if the behavior persists there? I would try pulling it down and then push it back up to see if that resolves the issue as we did not update the PDF driver as far as I am aware. the 10.6 to 2019.1 is a pretty major jump without assistance from Alteryx. If that doesn't resolve the issue I would reach out to Alteryx Support.

DanM

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DanM, Thanks for suggestions. When I pull the app down to Designer, run it, and save the PCXML output as a PDF, the extra pages appear. I also saved it back up to the gallery, and tried running it through the web UI and it still persists there as well.  I'll get in touch with support ASAP. 

Justin Babbitt
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JustinBabbitt 

The issue you described has been reported as fixed in Designer version 2019.4.8.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.