The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add the ability force sign in to view the Gallery

From a security standpoint, it is important that all users are authenticated when accesing the Gallery on Alteryx Server and using local accounts.  There shgould be an option available to force user to the login page rather than the public Gallery.  Users going to the Alteryx server URL should be presented with the login page by default before being taken to the Gallery, rather than seeing the public Gallery and needing to click Sign-in in the upper right corner.

8 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the post @bhallas!  We are definitely thinking about how we can improve the authentication for the different Alteryx logins including Community and the Public Gallery.  I will look forward to seeing votes and comments from others who would like to see this as well.  Keep the feedback coming!  

joeGade
10 - Fireball

Enabling SAMl Like solutions will force users to log in,

Please vote for https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Support-SAML-2-0/idi-p/77656

npiatek1
6 - Meteoroid

Bumping this one, because it makes sense. need the public gallery disabled. 

ajbee
5 - Atom

Agreed...It's a security flaw for un-authenticated users to be able to view any data within the Gallery.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

veruzi
8 - Asteroid

Supporting this idea.

We aim to expose our Alteryx Gallery to the internet for our internal users to access it without VPN, but due to content being exposed on the public area without forcing the users to Sign In is considered a high risk by our Security Team.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I tend to agree on this one. I rarely see the public gallery used and often it is used by mistake which poses major security issues.

It would be great if the public gallery area is:

1) Turned off by default (server administrators can enable this if they want it to be used, similar to insights)

2) It still requires log-in, so therefore isn't fully public

3) Can be made fully public by an administrator in system settings.

laineayx
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

We are looking at implementing the ability for an admin to disable the ability to publish public workflows in the gallery, which I think would remove the pain points listed in this thread. The solution we are looking at would be similar to this requested idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Globally-Enable-Disable-Artisans-to-publish-wo....