Alteryx Server Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Server experts.

TDCB-3776: Publishing workflow that contains MongoDB Input tool causes error

MariaW
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Environment Details

A workflow using the MongoDB Input tool runs without error in Designer. However, when publishing it to gallery, an error is thrown. 

Tool 1 - the limit must be positive: generic server error
 image.png
  • Alteryx Server
    • 2021.3+

Cause

Known product defect TDCB-3776. 

Resolution

TDCB-3776  is currently being reviewed by our development team for a resolution in a future release. 
The error is a validation error and can be ignored in the meanwhile. Once published, the workflow will run without error in gallery as well. 

Comments
agomoll
7 - Meteor

@MariaW or others at Alteryx

These errors seem to be occurring still. Are there any updates on their resolution by chance?

Thank you in advance

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@agomoll 
My experience with that error has been that it shows on the canvas, but when I run the workflow, the workflow completes correctly.  I have not had occasion to run it from Server, but I suspect that the error may be specific to the validation.  In general, validation errors can be ignored if a workflow runs correctly from the Server.  The defect will not be worked on (fixed) because the tool has now been deprecated (see more info here and here.)   If you encounter problems running your workflow from the Server, you should change it to use an appropriate driver and Input Data tool (or Output Data if writing to Mongo).