Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Server experts.

Is it possible to have multiple administrators for a Gallery Collection?

CarlosA
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Question

Is it possible to have multiple administrators for a Gallery Collection?

Answer

Yes, as of v10.1 we have added the ability to add additional administrators to Gallery Collections. In the past, the Collection owner was assigned as the sole administrator. In order to add another user as an administrator, the user must also be an Artisan to the Private Studio from which the app was shared. Please follow the steps below to add an administrator to a Collection:

1. In the Gallery, click on the Collections button.
  2. Click on the Collection you want to add the Administrator.
  3. Click on Users, look for the user, and then click on “Collection Admin”.

Collection.png

Once you've added the Admin permission, the user should now be able to add/update any app/workflow within the Collection.

Comments
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

We're on 10.1.7.x and the tick box for "Collection Admin" is grayed out.  Are there additional settings needed prior to the steps listed here?

bsharbo
11 - Bolide

We are also having this problem. We just updated our alteryx server tool to 10.6 and the setting is still greyed out. I cannot make another Premium artisan in my company an admin on my app.

What are the steps necessary to correct this?

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Are the people you're trying to add as Collection Admins also memebers of the same Studio as the creator of the Collection? If not, this is the issue.

This is a limitation we have come up against as we have each person in their own studio, and this prevents us from using the feature entirely. 

Regards,

Ryan

Andrew_Paterson
7 - Meteor

It would be good if the limitation Ryan refers to could be accounted for in the forthcoming Gallery user/privledges overhaul. 

skaps
7 - Meteor

it is the limitation of Alteryx that if you want to add the users as the admin of a collection you need to add the owner and the users as artisans in the respective subscription.  I have found another limitation of Alteryx that except the owner no one can add any other as the collection admin.

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

@rdoptis Looks like we have the same issue as mentioned above. All my users have their own private studios as well.

@CarlosA Is there a workaround for it? Please advise.

"Are the people you're trying to add as Collection Admins also members of the same Studio as the creator of the Collection? If not, this is the issue. This is a limitation we have come up against as we have each person in their own studio, and this prevents us from using the feature entirely". 

Thanks!

CarlosA
Alteryx
Alteryx

@timewaste, unfortunately, there is no workaround. You can up vote the following Idea that was submitted regarding the same feature. Thanks