This article explains the steps to configure Gallery SMTP using a Gmail Account.
1. Double-click on the Alteryx System Settings icon on the desktop.
If you are not able to find it on the desktop, you can click the Windows Start button and search for "Alteryx System Settings".
2. Click Next
until you get to the SMTP tab under the Gallery
3. Check Enable SMTP
4. In From Email
, type the email address from which emails are to be sent.
5. Type the email service host name in Host
. For Gmail the SMTP host name is
6. In order to use the gmail account to send email notifications, you have to enable two factor authentication and create an application with a password in the Gmail account.
How to Create & use App Passwords
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select "Security".
- Under Signing in to Google select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
You turned on Advanced Protection.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using and then Select device and choose the device you’re using and then Generate.
- The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device. Copy the generated password and tap Done.
7. Type the username and paste the generated password in Username
of the Gallery SMTP configuration.
8. Set Port
9. Click Test
. If the test is successful, an email is sent to the email address in From Email.