If you're scheduling in v11.0+, be sure to check out scheduling from the Gallery and interface changes to the Scheduler.
The beauty of Alteryx is the ability to make repeatable data processes time and time again. But, if that wasn't good enough, we have the ability automate these workflows through scheduling!
You will just need one of the following licenses to get started!
- Alteryx Designer with Scheduler License
- Alteryx Server License
How do I know if I have the correct license?
- You can go to Options>>>Manage Licenses within the Alteryx Designer and if you have the ‘API & Command Line w/ Scheduler (Enterprise Server & Workstation) ticked you have the ability to schedule
So how do I schedule?
Alteryx Designer with Scheduler
- This option will give you the ability to schedule to your local machine
- Once you have saved the workflow you wish to schedule you can go to Options>>Schedule Workflow>>>Local Machine
- You can then set the frequency you wish to schedule on
- This option will give you the ability to schedule to the Alteryx Server
- Once you have saved the workflow you wish to schedule you can go to Options>>Schedule Workflow>>>Connect to Controller
- You will then need to get the Machine Name or IP address from the Alteryx Server Machine
- The Controller Token can then be found in the Controller -> General section of the Alteryx Server System Settings (Alteryx Server Admin will have access to this)
- Once you have made the connection to the Alteryx Server machine you can set the frequency you wish to schedule on
Here are some more useful links on scheduling using Alteryx: