Error: "Workflow exceeded maximum runtime of 30 seconds and was cancelled" when running chained apps on the server
When running chained apps from the Server, the following error occurs:
Workflow exceeded maximum runtime of 30 seconds and was cancelled
It's also observed that custom settings in alteryx.config file are removed upon upgrade.
The option chainedTimeout is not set within the alteryx.config file.
A recent upgrade caused a prior adjustment not to persist within the file.
1. On the Alteryx Server machine go to the following default folder:
*For multi-node environments, the following solutions will only need to be applied to the Gallery node(s)*
2. Locate the file alteryx.config:
|Versions 2019.4 and lower||C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin|
|Versions 2020.1 and higher||C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\server\config|
- Edit the file and add the following at the end of the line:
- The line that starts with:
‹engine enableAutoLicensing="true" useServiceLayerComposer="true"›
- Should look like this afterwards:
‹engine enableAutoLicensing="true" useServiceLayerComposer="true" chainedTimeout="7200"›
3. Save the file and restart the Alteryx Service.Solution 2If you had this set previously and recently upgraded or changed versions of Alteryx Server, this will need to be re-added to the file. This files location has moved since 20.1, please see that versions release notes.