The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

On Server Version 2019.4 I was able to use a SQL query as an external data source for my analytic app options for a drop down menu, tree, list, etc. When we upgraded to 2022.4, this capability was lost and according to the article below a chain analytic app is the best, but unnecessarily complex work around.

Tool Mastery | Drop Down Tool - Alteryx Community liste déroulante dropdown

Hello!
Currently when administrating the Alteryx Server, within the 'users' page, I can see that new users will be setup as 'default'. 

TheOC_0-1656369868518.png

This will display as 'default', which can be confusing, as I need to navigate to the configuration page to remind myself what the default role is. Additionally, they may be part of a group, either in AD or within the server, that upgrades their default rank, for instance if they are part of a group set to be curators. They will still always display as 'default'.

I would like to suggest the following:

TheOC_1-1656370008991.png

This would allow me to see much more clearly who is set as what rank on the Server, but also which users are set to different ranks as part of an AD group.

In the example given, there are four scheduled jobs running in the server at the moment and one manual job is being triggered by the user and is in a queued state for more than 30 minutes to start running. However, in MongoDB, when a job is triggered, that time is captured as the start time (not considering the queue time). If we consider the start time of As_Queue in our workflow, we ended up with a mess. Since that manual job is queued for 30 minutes and running for only 3.30 hours, it is being killed by our workflow. It should only be killed after 4 hours.  

• How did we determine the total queue time & the execution start time for the running/queued jobs? 
  • How do I kill this job automatically after four hours while taking queue time into consideration? 
  • Is there any other way to kill the manual jobs after four hours? Please note that scheduled jobs will be killed automatically by the system after four hours.

My question is, is there a way to see after a job is executed how much memory it consumed in total? Today we have monitoring set at server level that records memory consumption over time but it doesn’t tell which job caused the spike unless we manually go and check list of jobs executed around that time frame. Even with that we cannot know for sure which job is causing the spike.  

Today there is no realtime inbuilt job monitoring tool that can answer questions like above. 

When setting custom "Theme" settings for a private gallery, the filter icon seems to be missing. Other similar UI elements are color themable such as the search icon:

search.png

Via the setting here:

themesetting.png

But the filter icon doesn't have a section to set its color to something besides the stock teal:

filter.png

Can we please have this icon be color themable? My customized theme has all of the teal removed, except for this icon.

Thanks,
Ryan

I think for business purposes it would be great to be able to update the apply for an exemption page that displays when you have a flow that is blocked in safe mode so you could provide accurate documentation to your users about their companies go through an approval process and allowing you to link out to external sites like JIRA to submit a ticket

The full question tree is not visible within the JSON object returned when requesting the 'Questions' in the .yxwz file on the Alteryx Server. There are nested questions that are visible but there is no indication that they are nested, missing label groups, tabs and no indication whether a question should be shown or hidden. This is limiting.

A full question tree in the JSON would allow for dynamic interpretation of the 'Questions' in the .yxwz file as structured through the Interface Designer.

Regards,

Ben

For our large organization a requirement is that the Server connect to MongoDB cluster requiring keytab kerberos authentication. Can we please upgrade to needed MongoDB version that would support this as well as enable it within Alteryx Server.

(https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.2/tutorial/control-access-to-mongodb-with-kerberos-authentication/)

When we upgrade a server - we often want to do this progressively so that we can move a few canvasses to the new version over time.
However - in order to do this we need to create an entirely new server URL and then users have to deal with the irritation and complexity of storing multiple addresses and knowing which one is where.

This would be substantially easier if we could put a load balancer / a consolidator in front of the alteryx server - so the user can go to the same gallery - but under the covers some of their stuff has been upgraded to the new version (on a new server) and some is still on the older server.    

Hi Team,

We have new idea which we dint find on Alteryx community, also Alteryx expert confirmed for now this is not possible.

Please find the below details:

Use Case: Automating Onboarding Process for collection creation.

Idea: Currently we are doing this onboarding manually, such as user fills up the form in Sharepoint with all relevant details for Collection Creation.

We as an Alteryx Support team, check the form and create the collection Manually.

We want to create a Workflow, such that it will read the form from SP and create the Collection Automatically without any Manual user intervention.

Benefits: If we Automate this then we can save manual user efforts and also avoid any manual mistakes.

Note: If this can be possible with any other feature of Alteryx like API, then also we are good.

Regards,

Niharika

I manage a server with 200 + Artisans. Some of them tend to abuse the Scheduler by having workflows running every hour or every x hours. This can penalize other users creating big queues thought the day. Currently I monitor the queue and schedule often and then contact these individuals to better accommodate their needs.

Having the possibility to disable hourly workflows, or enable to only specific users, would help a lot to deter the abusers.

Thanks,

Mauricio Estevez

It should be possible to trigger the same workflow in different ways from Alteryx Gallery: 

- Workflow chaining: 

-  Workflow B runs after the successful execution of Workflow A

-  Workflow B runs after the failure of Workflow A

- Schedule: Workflow B runs on multiple schedules

- API call (even when it is not an analytical app) 

For example (considering the same workflow): 

- Audit workflow runs every day

- Audit workflow runs every hour during the last day of the month

- Audit workflow runs if triggered by financial close on 3rd party tool 

- Audit workflow runs after the execution of the financial workflow

Hi!

It would be very useful if Alteryx would allow users to create folders under their Private Gallery. My private gallery is now 3+ pages long & it would be super helpful to be able to organize the workflows into different folders (Archive/Retail/Linear/Fin/etc), allowing for easier housekeeping & tracking. I realize their is collections but I'm not trying to share anything here, just organize my content for easier viewing.

Thank you!

1.JPG   1.JPG  1.JPG

It would be nice to connect multiple Databases from different servers, without configuration of Linked Servers

System Administrator should be able to configure portal pages be being able to choose the columns, columns widths, and sort order.  For Example  in the collections view,  there are columns Inight Count, User Count, Studio count which add no value to my user community.  Yet the name column is not wide enought to show the full names. The collect page is sorted by Create Date which does not add value and once you get above 20 collections  

The recommendation would be to allow System Admins to be able to change these settings.  If the definations are stored a json or xml file or some other file that can be edited, allowing for the customizations.  Admins would edit at their own risk working with in parameters and documentation provided. 

When a render tool is run on Designer pointed to a temporary file the log gives you a clickable link to access the output.  When deployed to the Gallery unless you have given it a specific output destination with %temp% in the filename you get... nothing.  

What did I expect?  The pdf or other temp file to render on the screen or at least download for me.  Or give me a dropdown selection of the various files render could create for me.

2021-09-29_15-20-05.png

Very Simple Request.

Just like how you can search for a collection, we would like to be able to search for a schedule. One team has over 5 pages of schedules and it would be nice for them to search for one to update vs having to scroll through 5 pages to find it

Search Bar in Schedules.jpg

Currently, we have the functionality to set a recurring schedule with daily frequency with an option to 'Run only during work week (Mon-Fri)' I would like to add this 'Run only during work week (Mon-Fri)' option to the Hourly frequency interface. 

Tony_Castillo_0-1630671237931.png

No current option to run on weekdays only:

Tony_Castillo_1-1630671308224.png

If you get server up and running and develop  200 workflows and then schedule them, and then want to change the schedule on one of them, it is a total hassle.  What did I call that workflow? you sit there wondering as you look through a huge list of workflows.

It would help a lot to have the concept of projects / folders / some type of logical grouping so I say, What did I call that workflow? while only looking in the public safety, or HR, or Accounting, or whatever subset of workflows.  I mean, we don't have to go all crazy and have collections, districts, and private studios, but at least one layer of categorization would go a long way in making a proliferation of workflows more manageable. 

Thanks!

I have my  component set to email me if it errors, which is great.  But then when it does bork, I get a 6M email that is impossible to scroll through on a mobile device.  Maybe give an option to only email the error line / tool identifier so you have a better idea of what happened, but don't get war and peace as told by info logging.  

Top Liked Authors