Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

choice of version control backend

Alteryx has its own version control built in - however in large Enterprise environments there is a requirement to be able to use the version control platform that already exists.

In other words - when you install the server - you are asked:

Do you want to use Alteryx for version control, or your own SVN; GIT or a 4th custom option based on API integration (i.e. build this yourself based on a defined API).

This is very important to ensure that enterprise assets are maintained under the regimen of control that our Infosec & Auditors need, and the investment in making sure that Version Control contains all the right discipline; governance; etc - is all done in the enterprise Version Control platform.

Can we please extend Alteryx to have this flexibility so that we can cater to large Enterprise customers, and also anyone else who has a strict governance & change control requirement with existing infrastructure already in place?

If this is built as an independant layer and separated out from the core server slightly - it will be possibly to flexibly add other VC systems later (or provide companies with the ability to build their own).

Thank you

Sean

@Deeksha @BenBu @avinashbonu @revathi

6 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@SeanAdams it was great to have a conversation with Deeksha and team around this topic and I appreciate the post here.  Moving this to under review and will look forward to seeing others add comments and votes.  Thank you!

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Love it! 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your post! This idea is being updated to the Revisit status as we like this idea and it's something we'd like to keep in mind for future updates, but cannot put on the roadmap at this time. We'll update the status however once we have a better idea on if and when it could be included in the roadmap.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
I agree with @SeanAdams. I'm not very fond of the version control system that Alteryx has in place. I would very much like a seamless integration with an alternative.
moinuddin
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I agree with @SeanAdams   We are eagerly waiting from Alteryx to come up with version control and fix the issue of workflows not getting updated with the date if those are replaced with new date deployments.

If replace option is provided then Alteryx server itself control the differnet versions of workflows with updated date

Just curious to know on how many votes and comments Alteryx team will take it seriously and fix/enhance this requirements?