Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Would be great if a user could be part of multiple studios at the same time

I would like to collaborate with my team, but also maintain my own personal private studio.

Is that on the road map?

-Dan

20 Comments
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Dan,

Yes - the ability for users to be in multiple studios at the same time, publish workflows to specific studios, and more, is definitely on the roadmap. No timeline on it availabe just yet, but it is higher on the list of priorities.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I concur with Dan

KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the confirmation, Levell! I must have missed it before, but I've updated the status on this item to "on the roadmap"

ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @KoryC, do we have an update on this?  I have a customer with a larger deployment building permissions in their private server asking for this as well. 

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ChadM, no specific updates on the timeline as far as I am aware.  That being said, as @KoryC mentioned, we are prioritizing work around user roles, permissions, and sharing as something that is higher on the list of priorities especially after we get the Alteryx 11.0 release out the door.  

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

You could also Update the desktop gallery upload interface so you can choose which gallery location/studio to upload to.

Upload to Gallery Option.jpg

apm
6 - Meteoroid

Agreed.

As an Alteryx Server admin, I need granular control of which studios a user can access in our Private Gallery.

- Users should not be able to switch between arbitrary studios by simply changing their subscription key in their profiles. Usually, when a user transfers from dept. A to B, I need to ensure they move from studio A to B and can't return to A.
- A minority of users are authorized to access multiple studios. For this, I'd like them to pick from a list of their authorized studios (similar to how Tableau Server users pick from a list of authorized sites).

My security model: AD groups

Alteryx version: 10.6

joeGade
10 - Fireball

Why Can't Admin See all Studios ,Y

WhY restricted to one Studio?

Why can't a user be in Multiple studios? 

randykluver
7 - Meteor

Would love to see this feature added ASAP. 

I know it is inhibiting several teams from really using server

Thanks,

MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We are rethinking the studio concept and will be sure to allow this type of flexibility. Users will be able to have the concept of a private studio and also participate in other studios.