Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Using Microsoft Flow to trigger workflows

A nice to have is a connector for Microsoft Flow to trigger workflows.  With Microsoft Flow, users can automate processes, or set conditions that can trigger services across many different providers.  

Having the ability to use a Microsoft Flow can enable alteryx users to run workflows and feed in data that could be used by Microsoft Flow to feed into other processes. 

This would be a game changer for many users.

13 Comments
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for posting to the Alteryx Community. Your idea is very interesting, but we have determined that at this time the idea is not something we are planning to do; while we are looking to enable users to run workflows in sequence and set logic based on events, we are not considering Microsoft Flow integration to accomplish this functionality. If at some point we feel that this idea is something we are interested in creating we will change the status “Under Review”.

Thanks again!

-Tanya

dancantorna
5 - Atom

This would unlock huge potential for any business running office 365 - we are heavy alteryx users across multiple departments and have recently started looking at Flow to automate admin tasks. Allowing anyone in the company to connect up a flow to an alteryx process would enable business users to setup some really powerful data driven process automations using Alteryx as the engine 

alexp01
5 - Atom

This is something really needed specially that MS suite of 365 is so large in terms of data (CRM, sharepoint, exchange, HR, etc)

bcall
5 - Atom

Please reconsider integrating with Flow/Power Automate. It would expand the ability of end users to automate flows and improve processes. Desktop and other forms of automation are growing, and I am surprised Alteryx is not even considering this at this time.

calebhowellks
6 - Meteoroid

I echo the above comments. Having a native Power Automate Connector which could trigger an Alteryx job would allow the end user to utilize Alteryx as an event based tool. 

juliancolombo
5 - Atom

This would be very useful. Alteryx is an amazing software but sometimes is very difficult to automate it. Please reconsider to unlock this connector

hroderick
8 - Asteroid

This will soon be essential to remain competitive. I'm beginning to consider a hack solution for this but it won't be pretty. Please add to roadmap. Don't become esoteric

mje5056
5 - Atom

I have to agree with the above comments.  As a head of data science at a big 4 firm, this kind of functionality is imperitive for staying relevant long term.  Please reconsider and work with Microsoft to build this functionality.

jsouid
5 - Atom

Hey,

+1 !!!

This idea is great, and hope it will be implemented soon. My company is making the move to the Power Platform, and I hope there will be synergies with Alteryx very soon.

Best regards,

Jérémie

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It might be worth reconsidering it as the Microsoft solution is used widely across many organizations.