Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support .YXI files in Alteryx Gallery

So, .YXI files are great, they allow a much simpler installation process of macros from the Gallery to your local machine and server. 

However one problem; they are not supported to be hosted on the Alteryx Gallery. This means that in order to share .yxi files they have to be hosted on some other drive and then you have to have a workflow in the alteryx gallery which provides users with the download link.

This makes that clean process a bit less clean, and it also causes problems with big customers who cannot whitelist these share drives for which the .yxi files are hosted. I myself have had about 20 emails from one global consulting firm in the US requesting access to a macro, I can't link them to the content as they are blocked, and therefor I have to email them individually. 

It's a tad tedious and ruins the 'install experience'.

If you don't know what I'm talking about you can follow my colleagues (Peter Gamble-Beresfords) blog here:

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2017/10/05/create-share-alteryx-tool-installer-yxi-file/

What I'm asking for is simple, support for .yxi files in the Alteryx gallery, in the same way you do with macros.

Ben

4 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @BenMoss  - what may work better in our world is the ability to either push from the central server down to a set of users, or for users to be able to select like an appstore!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea!

Our product team is current digging into the technical requirements and feasibility of this idea. We'll update this status again once we have a better grasp on the technical requirements and can better speak on if or when we'd be able to include this idea on the road map.

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KylieF, is there any update on the idea?