Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support GZIP (.gz) compressed files in Input tool in Server

Please support GZIP files in input tool in Server. This is related to https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Support-for-GZIP-gz-compressed-files-in-input..., but logged in a separate Idea because the staff indicated in the thread that they are planning support for GZIP in Designer only in 2018.2. We need it in Server as well.

9 Comments
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi,

Thanks for creating this new thread. I want to make sure that I understand exactly what is being asked for. A user should already have the ability to create a workflow with a zip Input in Designer and publish, run, and schedule that workflow on the Server as long the zip file is packaged with the workflow or in a location that's accessible from the Server.

I think what this specific request is asking for is the ability to specify a zip file in the File Browse if you're running an analytic app. Am I understanding that correctly? Please feel free to leave comments or DM me if a call is easier!

Best,

Alex

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

blyons
11 - Bolide

Thank you for seeking clarification.

1. As stated in the title, the request is for GZIP, not ZIP.

2. The requested GZIP is not available in either Designer or Server now. The discussion in the thread which spawned this indicated that GZIP is planned for Designer in 2018.2, but not Server. This request is to have that functionality on Server.

3. As stated in the title, this request is for the Input tool. There is no mention of File Browse.

I hope that helps.

adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1 gzip is a great addition

olzhas23
5 - Atom

Great!  This would help us a lot

Wolfie
5 - Atom

Please, please, please include GZIP functionality!

TeePee
8 - Asteroid

ICYMI, I've just noticed that in the latest release of Alteryx (2018.4, Release Date 20 November 2018) .gz files can be read using the Input tool.

gz.png

Hooray!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@KylieF - Hey Kylie, looks like this can be marked as implemented as it was introduced in 2018.2

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you Joe!

Support for GZIP files via the Input Tool was introduced for Server back in 2018.2 so I'm updating this idea to Implemented. Please note this support is only for the input tool and does not include the file browse functionality.