Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Start Time Display on Workflow Results Window

On the workflow results window, I'd like to see a column for "Start Time". If I have a workflow that is running, I'd like to know what time it started running so I have an idea on when it might finish.

10 Comments
spainn
9 - Comet

Would be useful to add the start datetime and end datetime of the workflow execution in the workflow results in Gallery.  This will provide the exact times the workflow ran, and will allow me to analyse the concurrency of my environment, i.e. make decisions about changing the concurrency settings.  This will also make Alteryx Gallery consistent with the log files of just about all other applications!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you tell me a little bit more about your request?

When I run a workflow, a message in the Results window shows me what time the workflow started running. 

Workflow-Start-Running.png

Is there something that would be more helpful? 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

AmandaB13
5 - Atom

Sorry I should have clarified, this is for the Alteryx Gallery.When you have a workflow running, there is no notion of when the workflow started. Even if you know that it usually takes 10 minutes, if you didn't look at the clock when you pressed "run" it is hard to gauge when it will be done.

Gallery Workflow Results.PNG

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification. I can see where that would be helpful. We'll consider that as we make improvements to the workflow results in Gallery. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

BrianCalvanese
7 - Meteor

This would be very helpful when developing and testing new workflows.  As you say, when waiting for a workflow to run, the only way to estimate when a workflow will finish is by manually noting the start time by remembering to look at the clock!

fharper
12 - Quasar

I would say not only show the start time but also the running duration, even if only updated every minute. a small thing that makes end users appreciate the app even more.  imagine if apple took a way the "working" wheel display..windows its version and so on...  good to have a progress indicator so they don't think it is hung...

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

This would be a good addition. Only the admins really have access to this and it doesn't reference where in the Queue your workflow is. I could see a "send notification when completed" being added as well. There have been times when I am waiting for a workflow to complete that didnt have an event added in the workflow configuration for notification at the end.

Dear User,

Your xyz. workflow has completed in 34 seconds. Please see your results in the gallery (hyperlink).

npsmith
8 - Asteroid

Is this stored in the Alteryx DB? It looks like the CreationDateTime value in the Jobs table only stores when the user submitted the job, not when the job actually started if happened to queue up immediately.

Otherwise, the Alteryx Server Usage Report has been helpful. We write it to sql tables and then output via Power BI viz instead of Tableau.  The only thing I noticed was that if the user deletes their own workflow results history, we lose visibility to it......