The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Sharing a DCM Entry to another user's designer

When I create a DCM Entry in Gallery, it would be great if the users I share it with would also be able to reference the credentials in their desktop designer when they sync their connections to the Gallery. 

2 Comments
pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

I second third and 9th this!!! DCM is great But whos idea was it to only make it stick to the one person that built the Flow? I mean now i can build a flow save it on the server BUT i am the single point of failure in my company cause if it breaks I am the only one that can fix it OR my co workers can download and have to change the outputs? OR i can turn of Amp and use old tableau output tools. I dont think this was thought out.

CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

There is a workaround to manage DCM-based workflows between admins, but only if you use Server and your admins can access the server machine.

Essentially everything will be set up for the service account to manage the DCM and run the workflows - admins will need to log in and manage these workflows as the service account.

To do this your service account user will need to be set up on Gallery with the same access / collections / connections as your admins

On the Server machine, launch Alteryx Desktop as your service account user. Create the DCM credentials and synchronise them.

Open your query (still on server machine) and edit your tools to use the new credentials.

(Top tip, if you are using SQL and unable to see it because of "Invalid credential" - In user settings you can allow yourself to view the XML. Once this is available you can copy the <Query> section in the XML and paste it into the SQL query of your newly set up tool with the DCM credential. There are some small differences in the code that can be fixed with a quick google)

Save/ schedule /share the workflow onto Gallery as normal.

On Server or on your own machine - log into Gallery AS the service account user (you may need to go incognito if on your own machine) share the DCM connections with whoever will need to run the workflows.

That's it. Any of your admins will be able to log into Gallery from their browser as the Service user to update the password

If the workflow needs development, the admin will need to edit it on the server machine whilst logged in as the service user.