The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Server Version Validation

When upgrading dot releases to designer desktops, allow for compatibility to the server without the mandate to update the server.
8 Comments
wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Supporting this as I'm running into version issues publishing to server.

mlittletn
7 - Meteor
If the designer is already associated to a server; notify the user upgrading what version they can go to and still be compatible. Or at least warn when upgrading beyond the server version that is compatible. We just recently upgrade our server to 11 and support actually gave us direction that slightly newer builds are backwards compatible. But i don't think i recall seeing compatibility of versions to that level on the downloads page.
Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Fair Point !

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

This idea is being returned to the New Idea status, as it has reached the required number of likes to be brought to our product teams attention. Please note it may take time for our product team to provide a response. However, we will do our best to insure this idea is updated accordingly.

Thank you for posting and contributing to the product idea boards!

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Much appreciated. I think this is becoming more useful with time!!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your idea!

Our product team has reviewed this idea and unfortunately we cannot place this feature on the road map due to several technical restrictions and outstanding factors. However, should we be able to return to this idea in the future we will update the status back to Under Review.