Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Server Admin to view All Scheduled Workflow Results

As the Server Admin I'd like to have the ability to view ALL "Workflow Results" for all Subscriptions.This will give the highest level admin the ability to monitor all schedules (on the entire server instance) and monitor if they are unable to complete successfully (example- unable to allocate memory) and any other errors are occurring. 

Knowing this information will help the server administrator understand if there are issues with the server itself (e.g. if we need more workers or to simply adjust actual server system settings..etc..)

16 Comments
rej
7 - Meteor

I second this request.  Additionally, I need all artisan/members of a given subscription to be able to view workflow results and schedules of all workflows in their subscription.  

The current design does not lend itself well to scaling Alteryx Server across a larger organization.

sd83893
6 - Meteoroid

Within an Enterprise, where you multiple Departments, and each Department having a collection, and members being part of this Departmental Collection, would like to see Workflow Results of all scheduled workflows within that particular Collection, and also see schedules, and edit schedules etc.. within that single collection. This would help when a person is out on vacation, or a person leaves the organization.

Phitenff
6 - Meteoroid
Yes, I would like to agree with the above comments. This would be a very helpful feature at all levels.
george_allen
7 - Meteor

+1 -- Need Server Admin to be able to see workflow results

koshodi
6 - Meteoroid
Is there a way to escalate this on Alteryx's roadmap? Current design is definitely not scalable for larger orgs.
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@Derangedvisions(love the name), thanks for posting this! We're in the process of evaluating the permission and role model and this kind of information is invaluable.

Just some clarification (and anyone else who commented, feel free to answer!):

By Server Admin, do you mean all Curators? Or do you mean the Default Gallery Admin?

Do you need the Server Admin to see the actual results, as in have access to the outputs generated? Or do you want the Server Admin to have access to the status, any errors that may have occurred, etc, but not have access to the data?

Thanks,

Tanya

george_allen
7 - Meteor
I'd advocate for all Curators, not just Gallery Admin. Reasonable to exclude data, but see status/errors.
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Thanks @TanyaS  🙂 the initial thought behind this was the ability (of the Server Admin- so the person managing the VM that houses the Alteryx Server for example) to have a list in the Gallery (identical to the current "Workflow Results") where they would be able to see all scheduled workflow results regardless of subscription- as it's my understanding that currently you can only see workflow results for a "subscriptions" group that you belong to.

As I was the admin of the Gallery, the Server AND I was a creator of workflows I belonged to our specifc "Subscription" group. However we had other teams sharing the server- so we had multiple subscription groups- and any of their workflow schedules would not show up in the "Workflow Results" section on the Gallery- It would have helped me understand when workflows were clogging up the server unnecessarily (if they were continuously popping errors...etc...(i'm aware this information is available in the Alteryx Usage report- but it's not as convenient as the workflow results in the Gallery)

Does that help? IMO this would be beneficial for the Gallery Admins and the Server admins.  let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,

Alya  

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @Derangedvisions and @george_allen , that's really helpful in understanding your particular use cases.

I'll follow up when we have settled on an implementation strategy so I can let you know which direction we go with it.

rej
7 - Meteor

I agree with @Derangedvisions comments.  I would also like the ability to view all workflow statuses/results across all subscriptions on all my servers, not just those in my subscription.  Additionally, I would like to request there be an ability to have more than one server admin.  In larger organizations, it's just not practical to limit server administration functionality to just one person.  It's a significant limitation to our ability to scale Alteryx across our organization.