The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Seeing manual job execution results from someone else when sharing in collection

Today, when you share a workflow with someone else through the collection, you cannot see the manual run that the person will do, neither the person will see yours. 

This is really annoying as this is not helping collaboration between colleagues. 

Since we use an external scheduler and the server api, only the job owner will see the job execution results within the gallery.

Idea here would be to let the sharing of job execution result as an option in the collection.

10 Comments
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @NicolasSz ,

This would be fantastic! 😁

I suggest being an additional option on the workflow settings page on the workflow level for the owner to decide if he wants to share or not.

In addition, an admin configuration to enable or disable this option on the server, for security and compliance purposes. Some companies don't want users sharing data from data connections or credential-protected shared folders for instance.

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

alcrim
5 - Atom

Yes, this is greatly needed.

Also, when I am in a collection, there should be a tab available to show all workflow results from that collection (no matter which user ran them).

Currently, you can only see the workflow results from items you have uploaded yourself to the server.

Bryant_Johnston
5 - Atom

I agree with all of the points above. This would be greatly beneficial for collaboration among team members. 

cnsrapp
5 - Atom

I am also in agreement with everything above. This would be very handy for other team members to be able to easily check that someone had already kicked off a failed job again, and not having to rely on that teammate being available to check the status. 

kjersti1234
5 - Atom

Agreed! Having each workflow owner be the only on that has visibility into their workflow results is extremely inefficient for companies that have a large amount of workflows. Surprised this has been developed yet... please make this happen, Alteryx.

aroca
5 - Atom

Absolutely! This would be very helpful!

dsujkows
6 - Meteoroid

Agreed.  Otherwise we need to go to the Mongo database and pull this information out which is painful at times.

spocius
5 - Atom

Agreed its ridiculous that admins can't see results of manual runs.  It makes it virtually impossible to troubleshoot issues.

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I am also in need of this as we have a team that works the production jobs and well need to be able to back each other up in instances where someone is out.  Forcing everyone to create workflows as one user seems odd, and if we can't see results of things that we need to share it makes vacations tough.  I do understand the default assumes all users are working independently, but when we all put code in a collection there should be some way to check a box to make the output, and schedule visible.

lwolfie
10 - Fireball
Status changed to: Under Review