Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scheduling Workflows to run on Business Days

Currently when scheduling workflows, there is an option to schedule based on the calendar day but not on business day. For example, if I want to run a workflow on Business Day 1 of every month, it is not necessarily the first day of every Month. For the month of June 2019, Business Day 1 is June 3rd, since the 1st and 2nd fall on the weekend. Many departments run their processes on Business Days rather than Calendar days. Also factoring Holidays into consideration would be a plus since January 1st for example is a Holiday, Business Day 1 would fall on the 2nd.

17 Comments
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Need this function in the scheduler.

ramdhani1
5 - Atom

Hi All,

My project requirement is to run Alteryx workflow on first working day of each month in Alteryx gallery.

For example. if first working day of month between  Monday to Friday then it should run once and it should not execute again in the same month, workflow should run on next month on first working day of month again

If it is not executed on 1st then on 2nd day is should run if 2nd day is not Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks

Ramdhani

brianscott
11 - Bolide

I've got jobs that I don't want to run on Christmas day or whatever.  I can, of course, construct something on a workflow by workflow basis to handle skipping holidays, but it would be nice to be able to have a checkbox there that could just make it work.  This should be relatively simple to implement.  

attardc1
7 - Meteor

This feature would be a tremendous value-add to my company's workflows!!!!!

arian
5 - Atom

THIS WOULD BE A LIFESAVER AND A GAMECHANGER!!!!

adriansilk
6 - Meteoroid

Would be really great to be able to schedule every N hours/minutes on business days only too

jmelik
8 - Asteroid

Since all organizations observe different holidays or have different closure schedules, if there was a way for us to create, load, or maintain our own organizations "business days" this would also be a beneficial add.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for our feedback and idea!

After reviewing and researching the technical requirements required for implementing this idea, we have decided the best status for this idea is not planned as this feature would be a very large undertaking that could not be completed in the near future. Should we be able to return to this idea in the future we'll update the status back to under review.

CharltonFranklin
8 - Asteroid

I want this feature as well, so it's unfortunate that Kylie says this is not a planned development.

Here's a possible solution.

Hypothetically, you can run a report daily, but with a filter that results in no output. You can use a formula to get to a business day. You can factor for holidays based on a custom input.

Hi,

Just wanted to refresh this chain as i think there is a significant amount of demand for this addition to be added to the gallery.

Like many people, my current workaround is to schedule workflows for every working day, with a filter so they only actually output/truly run on the first working day. 

This means we have workflows running for say 20+ days out of the month when they only need to be running once. This means they are taking up unnecessary server space, and are misleading to anyone looking at workflow results.

Alteryx support please reconsider this improvement!