Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scheduling Workflows to run on Business Days

Currently when scheduling workflows, there is an option to schedule based on the calendar day but not on business day. For example, if I want to run a workflow on Business Day 1 of every month, it is not necessarily the first day of every Month. For the month of June 2019, Business Day 1 is June 3rd, since the 1st and 2nd fall on the weekend. Many departments run their processes on Business Days rather than Calendar days. Also factoring Holidays into consideration would be a plus since January 1st for example is a Holiday, Business Day 1 would fall on the 2nd.

17 Comments
EVH
6 - Meteoroid

As different regions and different businesses observe different holidays/closures, it seems like we should be able to point the scheduler to a file when creating a "business day only" schedule. For instance, I'd be happy if Alteryx Admins said we needed to create our own custom calendar with specific requirements such as:

1. Has to be a YXDB or some other Alteryx-native file for the interface to read
  2. Column names dictated by Alteryx - Again, a requirement like this would make sense so the interface could work
  3. Keys to identify business vs. non-business days so the interface could identify the difference
  4. Maybe a field that defines the nth business day of the month so it can be chosen from the interface and the scheduler has a definition to see if today is that nth day
  5. Date formatting per Alteryx - yyyymmdd or whatever format the scheduler could use

What I could see my business doing is running a job that refreshes that calendar to keep it up to date (no pun intended) as holidays or closures change.

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

Add my vote to this as well.  I have a workflow that needs to run the first business day every month but now I have to set it for the 3rd calendar day to try and miss weekend month starts.  Please add this feature.

Walter_Villalobos
6 - Meteoroid

Is there any update on this topic? In my organization we would appreciate a lot this feature too! It would be a big step towards automation for the workflows that we already have on Alteryx Server and that need to be run on the first business day.

sgreenough
8 - Asteroid

I am in agreement.  This would be an awesome feature.  I only want to run my workflows M-F during business hours.  Please consider adding this to the roadmap.

selkabous
5 - Atom

Add my vote please, I need this so bad for some WFs

lwolfie
10 - Fireball
Status changed to: Under Review

CharltonFranklin
8 - Asteroid

I just have my workflow run daily then have a filter at the beginning that will filter all records if it's not a business day. It works, but seems unnecessary if business day schedules were available.