Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Schedule Gallery App with ability to insert values in Interface tools

Along with setting a schedule for an app in the gallery, the user should also be able to set the different interface values for each schedule he/she makes.

My main use case is regarding having generic templates for ETL processes, that have multiple different types of runs based on configuration values, but I'm sure there are plenty others.

Best,

dK

17 Comments
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'm just running into this today.  I built a connector that automatically downloads a particular report to our server for consumption by other apps.  I want people to be able to schedule new report downloads without having to actually modify a workflow.

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

Any update on this?  I just handed my users some apps in the gallery that require user input.  The first feedback I got (less than an hour later) was that when they schedule them to run weekly they aren't prompted to provide the criteria that will be required.  I searched the community and was shocked to find this.  It kind of seems like something that would be fairly important if you're going to have a schedule function...

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@The_Dev_Kev_Env Thanks for posting this request!  This is definitely something we are considering for future Scheduling enhancements and I have documented this feedback.  Please keep the great feedback coming and we'll be sure to update this post as we're making progress here!

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

This would be a transformative enhancement for how we utilize the Gallery.

autolycus
8 - Asteroid
Circling back around to this. It would be immensely helpful to have this, and have it run based on the saved version of the application in the gallery rather than a scheduled workflow on the server, so that updates to the application would be reflected without having to delete and re-schedule the job.
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all, marking this as on the roadmap as we're hoping to be able to get to this as a scheduling enhancement in the Gallery.  We'll keep this post updated!  

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

This would also be great and if not, then at least the ability to turn of the scheduling functionality for Apps so it doesn't give the costumer/end user the false hope that it's saving their preference

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

FWIW...

Use Case:

App with 3 run modes driven by Radios

• Mode 1 --> Would like to run this hourly on Saturdays
  • Mode 2 --> Would like to run this daily on Weekdays
  • Mode 3 --> Would like to run this once on Sundays

Rather than saving 3 versions of the app as workflows and scheduling them accordingly, it would be incredibly useful to provide a "per schedule" interface configuration.

i.e. schedule in Mode 1, schedule in Mode 2, schedule in Mode 3, etc. and so on I think we all get the point.  Basically what everyone says above but as our server admin, I know it would help reduce the large amount of redundant content in our gallery/mongoDB.

Cheers!

apichart
7 - Meteor

Absolutely, this would be a great feature

mmcoll
6 - Meteoroid

I am interested in if there is a timeline for this to be added as a feature.
Would love to be able to have this ability.