Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Salesforce Connector v. 4.1 doesn't work on Server - fix it please!

matt2
7 - Meteor

Version 4.0 and 4.1 of the Salesforce Input Connector doesn't work on Alteryx Server - I'm on 2019.2.  I'm in the process of migrating workflows onto Server, which we recently purchased and the fact that I can't move my Salesforce ETL processes without downgrading Server is a big problem.  I've been wrestling with this for two weeks - it was a big distraction during Inspire before I realized there was a known issue here.

Others are having this problem:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Publishing-workflows-with-encrypted-password-to-the-Galle...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Publishing-workflows-with-encrypted-password-to-the-Galle...

@BlytheE , can we PLEASE prioritize this?!?  Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@matt2 we totally hear you on this one and this is a high priority for me. I want to clarify the workaround for other people having this issue - it's not to downgrade your server version, it's to downgrade the Salesforce Input tool to use a pre-4.0 version.

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

Not on Scheduler either. Please fix it, thanks. 

simon
11 - Bolide

We reverted back to the deprecated non-py Salesforce input tool and it works on the server 2019.1 - also in a batch macro. 

matt2
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the suggestion, @BlytheE !  That helps.  One thing, I had to right-click in my Tools area and "show depreciated tools" in Designer.  I'm on 2019.2.

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Apologies - as my intentions are not to whine about this.  However, our organization has experienced nothing but headaches with both versions 4.0 and 4.1 of the Salesforce input tool.  I've been patient as this was honestly a last resort, but with Salesforce being, well, Salesforce, I feel that Alteryx should prioritize fixing the bugs in this connector that are literally stopping production for many customers.  First, we found 4.1 to be such as drag on the UI (probably due to HTML GUI Set/Get Config settings, etc.) that it was absolutely unbearable to continue development on any workflow using v4.1 of the tool.  It also riddles downstream tools (most commonly Selects and Joins) with the indescribably annoying "You have found a bug" errors - which seem to only be remediated via deleting, replacing, and reconfiguring.

So, we downgraded to 4.0, which significantly sped up the GUI experience, but then noticed that it prevented multi-user collaboration of workflows that use the 4.0 input due to the fact that the tool stores session info which is directly tied to a logged in user.  Even when we're using a Salesforce (shared) service account for each input, the session errors exist when a different user opens the same workflow.  Ideally the tool, upon instantiation (HTML GUI Set/Get Config) would detect already existing username/token/password in the tool's XML config and re-authenticate, at that point, and obtain a new session/token, correct?

Anywho, kindly asking for any progress update on a thoroughly tested new version that addresses these bugs.  I'm only passionate because we do love this tool and rely it for business critical processes.  It is a great tool for the most widely used CRM in world, after all!

kgendreau
5 - Atom

Please fix this to run on gallery!!!!

dalym
7 - Meteor
I second @Coxta45 's frustrations above. I've been a big proponent of using Alteryx with Salesforce over developers wanting to write custom solutions. However, with all the issues I've encountered (e.g., proxy issues - which I still had to hack the main.py of the 4.1 connector due to our proxy requirements), I (and Alteryx) am beginning to lose credibility on the use of this tool. This needs to get fixed quickly and needs to be solid as I've encountered all of the issues @Coxta45 reported as well as others such as SOQL result parsing issues that worked fine in older versions of the connector.
matt2
7 - Meteor
Per my earlier comment, my first solution was to use a depreciated version of the Salesforce tools. However, after I had trouble with the new Salesforce tools I also noticed trouble with the Python tool - output from Python programs weren't being passed back into Alteryx. While researching that, I found a post from the author of the Python tool saying that there was a bug in 2019.2 that caused trouble with Miniconda when you were working from a drive other than C: with spaces in the path (IT wants me to use the E: drive), so I reinstalled Alteryx Server in a file path without spaces ("ProgramFiles" instead of "Program Files"). I'm not 100% sure that's the reason that things are working for me now, but it might be worth trying.
dalym
7 - Meteor

@BlytheE Any info on a timeline to update the Salesforce connector? As I continue to use the connector (v4.1.0), I am finding some things to look at (I'm working around them by updating the Python code):

• It looks like the current version is saving the session token as part of the control so when I come back into my workflow all the Salesforce connectors show errors. I just need to touch each of the controls for the error to go away
  • Provide the ability to change the Salesforce API version via configuration. Currently, version 42.0 is hard coded into the tool. I needed to update to version 45.0 so I had to find the variable in the Python code as well as the URL path in the bundle.js file to update this.