The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Rename Workflows and Apps From Gallery

The ability to select a workflow or app within the Gallery web interface and change its name. This would maintain its historical run data, version control revisions, placement in collections, etc. 

Use case: As a workflow or app continues to be developed over time, the name may need a revision to continue reflecting the workflow's function. 

Best regards,

Ryan

25 Comments
PeteLacz
8 - Asteroid

+1

I also endorse this request to be be able to rename workflows. I would also like to be able to "Save As" a new workflow over another workflow in the gallery. Of course also retaining version control. At the moment, the saving just creates a file with an identical name.

It has been some time since this was accepted. Has it been implemented?

Dave_McClintock
6 - Meteoroid

+1

I also endorse this request to be be able to rename workflows. This really needs to be implemented.

Unfortunately I can't even always use the workaround that @@ troyfurnace7 detailed. Often when you click Replace Workflow it shows a list of only a few workflows to select. This list usually does not include the actual workflow needed. This has always seemed like a bug.

mbaerend
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

karthikkalinkar
5 - Atom

Hello Team,

One quick question. Can we disable the Rename and Delete functionality from workflow result tab in alteryx gallery? 

Capture.PNG

DFH
5 - Atom

Please add this basic functionality