Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Rename Workflows and Apps From Gallery

The ability to select a workflow or app within the Gallery web interface and change its name. This would maintain its historical run data, version control revisions, placement in collections, etc. 

Use case: As a workflow or app continues to be developed over time, the name may need a revision to continue reflecting the workflow's function. 

Best regards,

Ryan

25 Comments
PeteLacz
8 - Asteroid

+1

I also endorse this request to be be able to rename workflows. I would also like to be able to "Save As" a new workflow over another workflow in the gallery. Of course also retaining version control. At the moment, the saving just creates a file with an identical name.

It has been some time since this was accepted. Has it been implemented?

Dave_McClintock
6 - Meteoroid

+1

I also endorse this request to be be able to rename workflows. This really needs to be implemented.

Unfortunately I can't even always use the workaround that @@ troyfurnace7 detailed. Often when you click Replace Workflow it shows a list of only a few workflows to select. This list usually does not include the actual workflow needed. This has always seemed like a bug.

mbaerend
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

karthikkalinkar
5 - Atom

Hello Team,

One quick question. Can we disable the Rename and Delete functionality from workflow result tab in alteryx gallery? 

Capture.PNG

DFH
5 - Atom

Please add this basic functionality