The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Private Gallery Subscriptions for Members

It would be useful if the Admin of a Private Gallery (in house server) could delete studios and/or members.  Also, it's confusing that a member who's added also gets a Studio automatically set up.  Members (for my purposes) are only supposed to be able to run apps in collections that I grant them access to.  They should not get their own studio.  Even if they can't use the studio (or even know that they have a studio), it's not very efficient to have all these studios show up on the subscriptions screen.

36 Comments
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

I agree that the ability to delete members / studios is much needed - a lot of old clutter can build up quickly!

kevinbird15
9 - Comet

You should put this under product ideas.  I definitely agree with this. 

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Adding @TaraM...maybe she can move it over there...

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That'd be great.  Would hate to duplicate it if possible.

lanny_newville
7 - Meteor
Could not afree more. Not all users need to have a gallery.
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for the feedback everyone! User and studio management is something that we will be taking another look at in the near future. This will include increased management capabilities for users within studios, including role- or priviledge- based permissioning. We're still working on fleshing out the details on this one, so I've marked this item as "Under Review" as we continue this discussion and until we have enough details fleshed out to move it to "Planned". Let us know if there are additional user/studio/gallery management capabilities that you would like to see beyond what's already been mentioned on this thread too!

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx
This was marked as under review in 2016. Could we get an update?
MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks @StephenR for checking in. We are actively working on addressing this and you will start to see more information about it soon. This request is part of a massive feature around the concept of collaboration and user management. We postponed this work on the existing Server and are now putting most of our energy into the next generation of Server. We are building with flexibility in mind so that customers can tailor the management and collaboration experience to best fit their unique situation.

george_allen
7 - Meteor

I'm a "+1" on the lament over not being able to Delete a User.  For our initial Alteryx test environment, I wanted to be able to add and delete users at will, to test various scenarios, but this doesn't seem like it's supported. 

Also, of note, the product behavior seems different if choosing "integrated Windows authentication" for the Gallery Authentication in Systems Settings:

Gallery_Authentication.jpg

RH1
5 - Atom

@MattB Any updates on being able to delete users? I work for a large oragnaization and in order for us to effectivey use Alteryx Server, it is necessary that we are able to delete users who no longer need to be in the studio; especially being able to delete users and remove artisians from studios.