Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Private Gallery Subscriptions for Members

It would be useful if the Admin of a Private Gallery (in house server) could delete studios and/or members.  Also, it's confusing that a member who's added also gets a Studio automatically set up.  Members (for my purposes) are only supposed to be able to run apps in collections that I grant them access to.  They should not get their own studio.  Even if they can't use the studio (or even know that they have a studio), it's not very efficient to have all these studios show up on the subscriptions screen.

36 Comments
Balders
11 - Bolide

A year to the day tomorrow this was accepted as an idea and you still can't delete users from Server 🙃

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@MattB  is there an update on this?

TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @JoeS ,

Matt has actually left Alteryx. As the new PM for Server, I am looking into this. We're considering a couple of directions with asset ownership and studio access, so not sure how this will fit. I'll be sure to reply here with whether this gets addressed in the direction we choose.

Thanks for following up!

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone - this is definitely an idea that needs to be implemented.

Fully support 100%. A more robust user system would be definitely beneficial for gallery.

CesarAccardi
5 - Atom

Hello,

Are there any updates on this?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Our product team has reviewed this idea and have placed it on the current road map. We’ll let you know when your idea is close to being launched.

mestevez1
8 - Asteroid

@KylieF, is this getting closer to be implemented?

thanks,

mestevez

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi  @mestevez1!

So there's a couple parts on this idea that probably should be addressed. And hopefully it'll help provide a bit more visibility into all the components we're working on that relate to this idea. But to answer your question specifically, yes we're getting closer, but maybe not in the way you were expecting since we're actually working on removing subscriptions from the product at this time.

As of current, Admins do have the ability to delete subscriptions, and have had it for a bit. But they have to be empty before they're able to delete them, which means any users in the subscription have to moved to a different one first.

New users will also continue to automatically have a new subscription created for them on login for the remainder of the time subscriptions exist. However, since we are working to remove subscriptions, once that's completed this will no longer occur.

The permissions role referred to as 'Member' has actually been decoupled from subscriptions as of 2020.1, as has the Artisan role. So these roles are no longer dependent on what subscription you belong to and the state of that subscription. Instead they can be directly assigned to users and/or groups as necessary. This change is directly connected to the removing of subscriptions we've been working on, which also means at this point there is no longer a concept of member or artisan seats, free or paid status, or expiration dates. This also means users assigned to a subscription are no longer divided by artisans and members.

Since we're moving towards removing subscriptions entirely in an upcoming release it's important to keep in mind a few points in relation to this idea. Right now we are working on adding features that bring functional parity with subscriptions in a better more manageable way. But once those feature are complete we will make plans/arrangements for the final removal of subscriptions from the product.

rupali_nayak
6 - Meteoroid

Do we have any updates on this idea and as part of which Release this it will be implemented?

mzomparelli
5 - Atom

Name one other system that doesn't allow you to delete users?

I read this chain and I'm disappointed in the way Alteryx is handling this. I think it's because they know their entire server software needs an overhaul and it's a lot of work. This system seems to have been designed by a dummy. That's the only thing I can think of. None of it makes any sense at all. Have you heard of user groups and folders? What the f%^& is collections. Somebody was trying to be clever when they designed this and overlooked a standard that is applied across most modern operating systems. User groups & folders.