Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Prioritize Schedules

Hi,

We have more clients that would like to prioritize their scheduled jobs based on run time and importance. 

It could be a simple priority number, that decides which job that need to run next. Further it could be nice to be able to allocate certain workers to certain jobs. 

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Daniel

4 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@danielbrun2 - thank you for posting this.  This is very timely as we are thinking through possibilities with prioritization as an enhancement for Server.  I may reach out to you directly, if that's ok, to get some feedback once we've made some progress here and I'll also be sure to keep this post up-to-date as well.  Thanks!

marcin_p
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @JulieM,

Do you know how to prioritize the shedules? Coudl you share with me the process?

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Any news on this one. Assigning one "simultaneous job" to a certain workflows would be great to make sure that that job never ends in a queue.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your feedback! I'm updating this idea to Implemented as the ability to prioritize schedules was implemented with the 2019.1 release containing worker tags and priority fields.