Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Prevent Private Gallery Search From Displaying All Private Studio Apps/Workflows

Currently any workflows/apps published to the gallery can be found via the search function - even when the particular user has no permission to this workflow/app. While this only allows for the non-permisssioned user to see the title, this could still leak information as it allows anyone to find apps published in someone's private gallery.

Both the Alteryx Public Gallery and the Private Gallery product are impacted by this. Additionally this is not just limited to logged in users, but also public viewers of the gallery.

My proposed idea:

1. Force the search function to be permission aware, and only show a user workflows they have permission to see/execute.
  2. Allow for option 1 to be enabled/disabled if there are use cases where anyone should be able to search and find any app/workflow on the server.

Best regards,

Ryan

2 Comments
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hey Ryan - thank you for the feedback! I just wanted to update this thread and let you know that we have fixed this up and it will be available in the next upcoming release! Please let me know if you have any questions.

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Just making this post current as we were able to get this fix out in a prior release.  Thanks!