The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Performance Profiling Should Be Available As A Server Setting

For scheduled jobs, there should be an option to include performance profiling in output logs globally.  Basically we are looking at how we can understand which custom macros are in use, and in which workflows, and one way to do this would be to get the output logs into another tool (i.e., splunk), and then set up some queries there.  It would work, but I would have to tell N developers to go set performance profiling on, re-upload their workflows, ect.  

But why not have a switch on server / gallery that just turns this feature on globally for every scheduled workflow?  

Thank you for attending my TED talk on why performance profiling should have an option to be set globally. 

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and insure our users are being heard. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your feedback!

This idea has been reviewed by our current product team, and due to several factors we're unable to include this idea on the near future roadmap. However our product team would like to keep this idea in mind for further down the line and as such I'm updating this idea to Revisit. We'll do our best to update this idea again once our product team has reviewed it again in the future.

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I hope the product team implement that anytime soon!