Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

OAuth2 - Alteryx Gallery API Integration

I’ve had a query from a Team here at my organisation regarding OAuth2. They are trying to investigate whether a Robotic Process Automation Tool can be integrated with the Alteryx Gallery API.

It uses OAuth2 but my understanding is Alteryx Gallery uses OAuth1. 

Can Alteryx Gallery API be enhanced to use OAuth2? A plan to support OAuth2 authentication for a REST API in a future release?   

24 Comments
Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We are also looking for OAuth2 Alteryx Gallery API's. Is there any plan to support the same?

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

Is there any possibility Alteryx are looking into this?

Please like fellow community members! 

liclan21
5 - Atom

Has there been a response to this? I also need to find out if this will be possible. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @liclan21!

This idea hasn't quite met the like count required to be brought to the Alteryx Product team's attention. If you want to check out our idea guidelines though, that best outlines how to get an idea reviewed by product.

(Also noticed this was your first post! Welcome to the community!)

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi folks! Thanks for the interest and feedback.

We are beginning to look into OAuth 2 support in the API as a possible future enhancement.

Please help us by listing tools with which you'd like OAuth 2 integration so we can fully develop the requirements.

Also, any comments on what processes you'd like to automate and which API calls you'd use for that automation would be helpful too.

Thanks!

John

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for your feedback! This idea has been reviewed by our Server team and we've decided this is something we'd like to include on the road map for the product. While we cannot provide an ETA at this time on when this feature will be released we'll do our best to update this idea once information is available. 

Also, as JohnP mentioned, further feedback on what tools and API calls this would be helpful on would be greatly appreciated!

liclan21
5 - Atom

Following up on this. I will be using this for connecting to SAP SuccessFactors. 

Todd

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

@JohnPelletier from our perspective we would hope to integrate tools like UC4 (Automic), Blue Prism, Azure Devops & Octopus Deploy with Alteryx Gallery. We have two use cases as we currently divide Teams / Processes into Private studios with their own dedicated service account running workflows in their studio, and process owner managing the studio. 

Use case 1 - Integrating RPA e.g. Blue Prism with Gallery to execute workflows.

Currently the functionality we have set up means RPA software automates an upstream process e.g. extracting a file from a system and dropping it into a file location, we'd like to avoid then relying on Gallery polling that location for a new file and embed the code to trigger the workflow via API within the existing process (so Gallery schedule doesn't have to repeatedly check for the file delivery). We would like to build in the Job Execution step i.e. run the workflow in Gallery via API Oauth2 call and build this into the RPA Process. This would rely upon the ability to execute jobs as a user API at a studio level (and not via Admin API). 

Use case 2 - Creating CI deployments of workflows to Gallery from a studio owner perspective i.e. non admin. Some Teams wish to develop CI process of developing workflows in designer pushing to Azure devops and then creating a build pipeline into Gallery Environments. Some Teams do not. We want to give Teams the option to do this if possible. 

Feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss - I've been working with @DavidM and @JoeS so far. 

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@CiaranA This is great input, thanks. Exactly what I was looking for in terms of RPA tools and use case details, and the CI integration use case is a bonus use case.

Anyone else?

Josh_WI
6 - Meteoroid

@JohnPelletier our use case includes using Control-M to control when Alteryx jobs get kicked off. Our job runs are based on legacy system completion codes which get sent to Control-M to use as a trigger for other jobs. Control M only uses Oauth 2, Alteryx Server only uses Oauth 1.