The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Notification from the Alteryx Server when a schedule gets disabled

Idea: Option to receive an email notification when a schedule gets disabled (could be added in the user settings, see attached picture)

Business Impact: The implementation of this idea would reduce delays that might even have a financial impact because

not receiving any notifications when a schedule was disabled could lead to

• important processes not being executed and users realizing that only at a later point in time (>> potential financial impact and stress)
  • the user not being able deliver a report in time (>> potential financial impact)
  • huge effort to manually track the workflow results on the server (or email notifications after a successfull run) to avoid the above two bullet points (>> financial impact due to waste of time)

I would be glad if you could implement this idea because I think it would be useful for a lot of people!

7 Comments
ArjanF
6 - Meteoroid

Would make an already difficult product to work with a bit less difficult. Thumbs up for this one!

Jo-B
8 - Asteroid

This would be a very helpful feature! Please bring it into the next releases. 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @fjablo , 

You can directly query the status of schedule from mongo dB and schedule a workflow on gallery. The workflow will give you the notification in case of any disabled schedules. 

Regards, 

Ariharan R

fjablo
5 - Atom

Hi @Ariharan , thanks for your reply. How can I query the mongo dB?

fjablo
5 - Atom

Hi @Ariharan , could you get back to me on the question above please? :-)

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @fjablo , 

Please refer the below article which will help you to connect Alteryx server mongoDB via Alteryx desinger.

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/06/19/connecting-to-your-alteryx-server-mongodb/

Regards, 

Ariharan R

lwolfie
10 - Fireball
Status changed to: Under Review