Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Notification from the Alteryx Server when a schedule gets disabled

Idea: Option to receive an email notification when a schedule gets disabled (could be added in the user settings, see attached picture)

Business Impact: The implementation of this idea would reduce delays that might even have a financial impact because

not receiving any notifications when a schedule was disabled could lead to

• important processes not being executed and users realizing that only at a later point in time (>> potential financial impact and stress)
  • the user not being able deliver a report in time (>> potential financial impact)
  • huge effort to manually track the workflow results on the server (or email notifications after a successfull run) to avoid the above two bullet points (>> financial impact due to waste of time)

I would be glad if you could implement this idea because I think it would be useful for a lot of people!

7 Comments
ArjanF
6 - Meteoroid

Would make an already difficult product to work with a bit less difficult. Thumbs up for this one!

Jo-B
8 - Asteroid

This would be a very helpful feature! Please bring it into the next releases. 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @fjablo , 

You can directly query the status of schedule from mongo dB and schedule a workflow on gallery. The workflow will give you the notification in case of any disabled schedules. 

Regards, 

Ariharan R

fjablo
5 - Atom

Hi @Ariharan , thanks for your reply. How can I query the mongo dB?

fjablo
5 - Atom

Hi @Ariharan , could you get back to me on the question above please? :-)

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @fjablo , 

Please refer the below article which will help you to connect Alteryx server mongoDB via Alteryx desinger.

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/06/19/connecting-to-your-alteryx-server-mongodb/

Regards, 

Ariharan R

lwolfie
10 - Fireball
Status changed to: Under Review