Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multi-Forest as well as Multi-Domain support for Windows authentication

We have several clients that operate in a Multi-Forest environment due to mergers and acquisitions.  Currently with Alteryx Server the only option we can offer them is to use Built-In authentication.  A lot of corporate and particularly finance institutions prefer a single sign on approach and utilise Windows authentication to do this.

Would it be possible to add support for Multi-Forest organisations into Server to support organisations going through mergers and acquisitions?

This would really benefit us in selling Server in to organisations with complex structures and reduce friction in publishing or preparing workflows.

17 Comments
MarcSchonwandt
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for the great follow-up @NicoleJohnson ! We now have a few extra paths to explore, so fingers crossed!

DataInvestigator007
6 - Meteoroid

With large organizations, this is becoming a demanding feature.  We have a similar problem in our place.  For time being we are using the workaround mentioned by @ NicoleJohnson.  But we are planning to upgrade.  We may lose this feature after you onboard a new project with this approach.  I request Alteryx to consider this requirement again. 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This won't help unless the user has an account in the same domain as the Gallery, but you might try this workaround.

Balders
11 - Bolide

I'm adding my name to the chorus here. Especially because on 2020.4, an environment where the UI button for sharing with Studios has been removed, we effectively have no way of sharing content other than modifying the MongoDB directly. 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Agreed, this would be really helpful for us if Alteryx is coming up with a multi-forest & multi-domain support feature.  😎

bresejo
7 - Meteor

We need this ability. Hope this is on the roadmap.

Thanks,

John

mikewday
6 - Meteoroid

We were pointed to this request as a solution to issues we are seeing when trying to setup 'Run As' to allow users to run workflows with their credentials in Gallery. As a large organization, our users cannot use the Run As functionality which impacts core functionality and security.

support email reference...

"I understand that XXXX.PROD is a separate single-domain forest and there is a one-way trust between YYYY and XXXX.PROD.

Unfortunately, Alteryx Server is not designed to operate in multi-domain/cross-forest authentication and this feature is not currently supported."