The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make the date modified data more granular e.g. YYYY-MM-DD - HH:MM:SS and not 6 months ago

As the title says: please make the date modified data more granular e.g. yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS and not 6 months ago

The current behaviour is the same in designer & browser, but is more important in browser (first screenshot) as there isn't an indicator or method or sorting the order.

Joe_Lipski_0-1636614871689.png

Joe_Lipski_1-1636614871707.png

Joe_Lipski_2-1636614871724.png

8 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree! More generally, everywhere in the gallery should just stick with actual dates.

@NicoleJohnson 

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

110% agree. From a change management perspective, these dates are SO IMPORTANT, but are essentially not usable in this format. If I am auditing a workflow, I need to know exactly when it was published/updated for compliance purposes, not a rough approximation. Additionally, date terminology needs to be consistent - in 2021.3 Gallery, in some places “Upload Date” means when a workflow was originally published, while in others it means the most recent updated date. These have significantly different meanings/impacts. Consistency and standardization around dates would be hugely beneficial in enterprise instances of Alteryx. (Thank you for suggesting and tagging, @Joe_Lipski  & @patrick_digan !)

NJ

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

YES PLEASE!!! THIS DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

Actually the usuability of the Schedule page drives me nuts, the date thing is a mild irritant in comparision.  🙂

Please fix both.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@DanielG  🤣

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perfect. There should be more enhancements around version tracking, for sure.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fully agree - because of this we built a different UI for this based on the data in the underlying mongo DB - but this should not be necessary.

balajilolla2
8 - Asteroid
Status changed to: Under Review