Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make it so On Success - Show Results to User works as expected in Alteryx Gallery

Hi,

@patrick_digan pointed out to me today that in my ignorance I thought that the "On Success - Show Results to User" option in Interface Designer did something on Alteryx Gallery, like it does when run locally.  I tried to prove him wrong (I've been manually checking off what outputs I want since day 1! How could it not have been doing anything?!) and failed miserably.  As far as we can tell, this functionality is simply non-existent within Gallery.

Please add this functionality so that we can suppress files (without reverting to hacky tricks like changing the output location so the Gallery can't see the output) with a simple check box.

Link to my shame, where I very openly explained exactly how I thought I had been solving this problem the whole time, and how after testing and review, it looks like I hadn't done anything with this configuration.

All these check boxes... and they don't change anything!All these check boxes... and they don't change anything!

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your feedback!

Our Server product team is currently reviewing this idea and evaluating when or if we could include it in a future release. We'll do our best to insure this idea is updated in a timely manner once we've completed the evaluation process.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We appreciate the feedback, and the interest here.

There are multiple ways to work around this limitation.

For example, a person could route an output to a container that can then be disabled.

Are there any use cases where a workaround has not been found for this?

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys, 

Just arriving to the conversation, that this still hasn't been solved and I think it would be very usefull for chained apps running in Gallery. I'll start to look for my workaround but it's really frustrating when you find these kind of functionalities that just don't work in the Gallery.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@adrilarotta I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry for your frustration. We have many challenges expressed by customers and we have to make tough choices about what not to fix. We are going to focus on chained apps at some point, but it will be after some other important initiatives, so I can't say when yet.

dsujkows
6 - Meteoroid

This should be part of the standard product.  Gallary should act the same way designer does.