Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Maintenance Mode - let current workflows complete and no new workflow start

Add Admin ability to place the Alteryx Service (Engine) into Maintenance mode allowing current workflows to complete, but all new workflow processing moved into Queue to allow for server configuration and/or maintenance.

Currently, if I want to make a small configuration change (like a memory setting in the Runtime settings) I have to hunt for a quiet window or the lowest level of activity to kill the service (and the running jobs).

It would be helpful to flip a 'switch' and have all new jobs go into 'Queue' allowing for the change and service stop/restart ... then pick right back up with the queue in configured order. (execution time, priority level, etc...)

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the idea!

This is an interesting idea and a great use case for the requested functionality for our Server Product team to look over once the necessary like criteria has been met. If you haven't, be sure to review our Submission Guidelines, as it goes over our feedback process requirements in a bit greater detail.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

This idea was brought to our product team recently for review and as such I wanted to provide an update. Our product team is interested in this idea, and are looking into the best methods of potentially implementing maintenance windows. However, this may take some time to fully review and several releases to properly complete once we identify the best method. We appreciate your patience while we work through this to insure we're putting out the best version of this feature as possible.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be a great idea - since it would allow all the currently running stuff to complete, and then pause the remainder of the schedules.

Very much like putting a SQL Server in "Single User Mode" for maint.

SamuelGobet
6 - Meteoroid

When you have workers running 24/24 hours and you have to shut them down for maintenance, this feature is essential.

Especially if you have to restart the controller, because to do so you have to stop all the workers without a running job.

I don't understand why this hasn't already been implemented !