Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

List of files on a file browse sorted in a descending order and filtered by workflow

Hello, Alteryx users,

My idea is simple but would make things way easier for the analytical app users on the Gallery.

Currently, the order is ascending and we can see all the files from all the applications we have run before.

It would help a million to see the most recent files first and only see the files related to this workflow.

fmvizcaino_0-1671122792439.png

Thank you,

Fernando Vizcaino

2 Comments
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @fmvizcaino 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is your input file.. how would one know if it's related to your workflow or not ?  I'm not sure to understand your point to be honest.

Best regards,

Simon

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @simonaubert_bd ,

Thanks for your question.

The list I'm showing on the image is the list of all the files I've uploaded before on the gallery at any time. 

Describing better my idea:

When you browse and select a file, you are uploading and saving temporarily the file in MongoDB on the AS_QueueInputs collection.

fmvizcaino_0-1671143057210.png

All the files you uploaded before to the gallery at any time (depending on your system settings configuration) and in any analytic app will appear on the list below:

fmvizcaino_1-1671143206744.png

The mongoDB collection already have a CreationDatetime to sort from and by including the workflowID on this collection, it would be also possible to filter the files appearing on the file browse list for a specific analytical app.

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino