Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In database tools for Alteryx Designer Cloud

Hello

Imagine the dream : Alteryx Designer Cloud with in database tools.

Well, that would be so great I won't write more....

Best regards,

Simon

3 Comments
MichelleK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello, 

I am excited to announce that all of the tools in the Designer Cloud experience support Snowflake push-down today. I would love to hear more about your idea and other sources you might be looking for.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @MichelleK 

Thanks but Snowflake is one cloud database among many... I would like to adress any "big database" that already works with Alteryx Designer on desktop, live MySQL, Hive, etc. and also cloud native database such as Clickhouse.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "push-down" ? On Alteryx "classic on premise", in database tools are used to build one or several queries that are executed by the remote database, meaning there are no data transfer on the computer executing the workflow.

On Designer Cloud, we have "import" and "publish". This is highly confusing in my opinion. Import what ? I guess data.. Publish what ? Also data ? Or do you mean "publish query"?  Maybe you should adopt other termes like "import for in memory, write for in-memory, usable for in-database workflow"

simonaubert_bd_0-1680551098072.png

Best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello,

@MichelleK  Some clarifications made here : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/What-s-New/Building-Connections-in-Designer-Cloud/tac-p/1109254#M4

"In-database (work in progress):
In AAC, this capability you’re asking about has been called pushdown. In the future, this will mean that if the following is true:

• data is hosted in a datastore where this is supported
  • data is being written back to the same datastore
  • additional technical requirements have been met
Then:
  • The transformation is executed in the database
This work is in progress for AAC."2

Best regards,

Simon